My Amazon Store

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Popped Cans of Soda

I know my blog is suppose to be about helping others be in the know about random things...well my sister always tells me you need to write about your boys. I have two boys aged 3 and 5. Everyday they are doing something that makes me laugh, cry, scream, be happy, or go crazy...most of the time crazy but I always laugh about it later. I could have written a giant series of encyclopedias if I wrote about every one of those moments. I just need to start!! So my two boys today were suppose to be playing out in their kid swimming pool and on the playground while I get 30 mins of DIY in...every parent has to get a moment of "their" time. I pause my tv and I decide to go check on these two. They are very notorious for escaping my yard...so I have to check on them often. So I go outside and what do I see. My 3 year old holding a coke can in mid air. Then I look down and I see tons and tons of soda cans lying there in the dirt by our grill. It just came to me what the h*ll they were doing. They were throwing cans of sodas at my BBQ grill to make them explode. What fun that was...they were thinking!! I can not believe a 3 and 5 year old thought of this! I was sooo mad. I never buy sodas and I had bought tons of them for Cameron's (my 5 year old) last weeks birthday party and stored them in the bar/grill area. My neighbor probably thought I was crazy....because I started yelling to go get a trash bag and asking them why they would do that when I realized they were in their backyard. They did clean up their mess but how could I possibly punish these two?? We are going to a birthday party tonight...and I thought maybe they shouldn't go. But then that would disappoint my friend and her son...NO I needed something better. I got it!! They decided to waste perfectly good soda cans...then they are not allowed to drink any more sodas or juice until I decide they can. So tonight at the birthday party when all the other kids are drinking capri suns my boys are bringing their own bottled water.  Ha that's what they get.

No comments:

Post a Comment